Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Because I Can't Seem to Grow Up



Hey look, I'm posting on this thing again. So to the 3 of you on facebook and those ad computers that end up here one way or another, I'm back... or something more exciting, whatever fuck you.

Anyway, try as I might, I'm still stuck in a very adolescent place in my film viewing. It seems like for every gorgeous, poetic, beautiful art house or serious movie I watch, there's ten juvenile, loud and stupid action flicks. So I've hit a point now where I'm going to fucking put the art in the loud explody crap.

For the next few days, I'm going to be breaking down and discussing the action movie, and most prominently the scenes that make them fucking excellent. To start off, my next post will be about the best grand scale, absolutely epic in every sense of the word action scenes. Because we are focusing on action movies, I find that it's really better to just talk about the merits of individual set pieces as opposed to whole movies, because honestly, most action movies suck jurassic shit when it comes to everything that isn't action... with exceptions of course. But you know what? That's fine with me. I didn't pay 18 fucking dollars for a movie ticket to Pacific Rim because I wanted to see deep human drama. I wanted to see big mother fucking robots tussling with big mother fucking monsters.

Generally speaking, I'm a grumpy old man, but when it comes to action films, I'm a giddy hormone filled 13 year old. Now let's try to bring some scholarly stuff to the mix.  

2 comments:

  1. have you ever thought of Doing Youtube Reviews?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were a couple times I thought I might, but honestly I hate the sound of my own voice, hate having to look at myself, and genuinely like writing, even if it's in a way where I'm basically just talking.

      Although I guess not having to actually go through the physical act of writing(or typing)would make me more prolific... or if I knew people would actually watch.

      Delete